Under the Right to Information Act 2009, any person has the right of access to most documents held by Council. Documents held by Council include paper files, microfiche, print outs, computer records, files, visual material and audio recordings.
Applications must be made by completing the application form (PDF). For amendment of information please complete the Information Privacy Personal Information Amendment Application (PDF).
All applications must provide sufficient information to enable the identification of the documents requested as well as certified identification of the applicant, e.g. driver's license, birth certificate etc within 10 business days of lodging the application. Council will determine if the information or document requested is available under the provisions of the Right to Information Act 2009.
Applications relating to 'personal information' do not require an application fee.
You will be given notices outlining the following;
- That you are required to pay an RTI fee that must be paid at the time of application, processing and access charges may also apply.
- What the estimated charge may be
- What the basis is for calculating the estimate
- That you can consult with Council to amend the application in order to reduce the charge
- That you must agree in writing to pay the application charge, withdraw or request a waiver of charges on the grounds of financial hardship.
Council has 25 business days in which to provide applicants with a decision regarding access to information. There are some factors that can alter this limited as per Section 69 of the Act.
To speak to the Right to Information Officer please contact Council on 4742 4100.
Before entering the application process, check whether the information required is accessible via other means (e.g. through Council's publication scheme). If so, an application under the RTI Act 2009 or IP Act 2009 should not be lodged.
Fees and Charges
New application fee
$7.70 per 15 minutes
$0.25 per page
Lodgement and Payment
Applications can be submitted in the following forms
Cloncurry Shire Council
PO Box 3
CLONCURRY Qld 4824
Between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday
38-46 Daintree Street
CLONCURRY Qld 4824
Payment can be made in the following forms.
- Cheque - crossed, marked 'not negotiable' and payable to Cloncurry Shire Council.
- EFTPOS and Credit Card payment
- Cash (please do not send through the mail).