The Cloncurry Airport, located on Sir Hudson Fysh Drive, operates five days a week for both Fly In Fly Out (FIFO) and regular passenger transport services.
Qantaslink has passenger services to/from Cloncurry to/from Townsville, Brisbane and Mount Isa. Check their website for more details - www.qantas.com.au/.
Alliance operates a FIFO charter service for local mines and also a regular passenger transport service. The passenger service is to/from Cloncurry to/from Townsville and Brisabne. Check their website for more details - www.allianceairlines.com.au.
History of Cloncurry Airport
Cloncurry Airport has been the focal point for many of Australia's greatest innovations. Cloncurry was involved with the beginnings of Qantas in 1920, and the original Qantas Hangar is still in use at the aerodrome, where "Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Service" is still displayed above the hangar door. When Qantas flew its first passenger from Longreach to Cloncurry on November 2 1922, it only cost 11 pounds 2 shillings.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service began its operations in Cloncurry more than 80 years ago and the town was then the arrival point for the first Qantas paying passenger flight.
Today, Qantas and the Royal Flying Doctor Service is now recognised the world over.