Shopfront Revitalisation Grants
The Cloncurry Shire Council has launched an initiative for businesses in the Cloncurry Shire called the Shopfront Revitalisation Grant Program.
The Shopfront Revitalisation grants program allows businesses in the Cloncurry Shire to apply for up to $10,000 (inclusive GST) to provide financial assistance for exterior physical works on shopfronts to encourage an improved streetscape and increased patronage. Eligible businesses must be physically located Cloncurry Shire.
The fund will provide up to $10,000 (inclusive GST) matching dollar for dollar grants for shopfront improvements. The applicant must contribute an equivalent or greater amount towards the project.
Examples of improvement which the fund would apply include, but are not limited to:
- Removal of redundant signage, air conditioning units and hoardings
- Improvements of advertising, signage, and banners (shopfront only)
- A public art project/s
- Window front presentations
- Improving accessibility for all users
- Greening elements, planter pots etc.
- Repairs to structural facade elements and awnings
- Creative Facade treatments e.g., vertical gardens or new timber panelling
- New repairs and replacements of verandas
- Other external facade works that might be proposed by a landlord/business owner that reflects the intent and purpose of the fund.
Key Dates and Timeframes
- Applications will open 1 October 2021.
- Funding applications close 31 January 2022.
- Funding will be announced 28 February 2022
To submit an application click here.
To read the Shopfront Reitalisation Guidelines click here.