Administrative action complaints

What is an Administrative Action Complaint?

An Administrative Action Complaint (complaint) is a complaint made to Council by someone directly affected by an administrative action of Council or Council staff. It can also include a failure to act on a matter.

Section268(2) of the Local Government Act 2009 defines an ‘administrative action complaint’ as a complaint that is about an administrative action of a local government, including a decision, or failure to make a decision, or an act or failure to do an act.

How do I make a complaint?

There are a number of ways you can make a complaint:

In person at Council’s administration office:

38 – 46 Daintree Street
Cloncurry QLD 4824

By e-mail:

By phone: 4742 4100

In writing:

Governance Officer
Cloncurry Shire Council
PO Box 3 Cloncurry QLD 4824

If you feel strongly that the matter is particularly serious you may address the correspondence to the Chief Executive Officer.

What process will take place if I make a complaint?

Council takes all complaints very seriously. Your complaint will be forwarded to the Manager of the division best suited to investigate the complaint. You will be contacted within 10 business days regarding the outcome of the investigation and the actions taken to respond. If the matter is particularly complex and takes more than 10 business days to investigate you will be informed of the progress of the investigation.

Your complaint is confidential, and your information will not be disclosed to anyone outside Council.

Further questions:

For any questions regarding Council’s Administrative Action Complaint process please contact Councils Governance Officer on 4742 4100