What do level One water restrictions mean?
- Odds and even sprinkling, including micro-spray and drip systems, only between 5:00am and 9:00am and 6:00pm and 10:00pm.
- Even property numbers: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- Odd property numbers: Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
- No sprinklers or unattended hoses permitted on Mondays
- Fountains and water ornaments can only operate if they recycle water
- Washing privately owned cars, boats and other vehicles is permitted
- Water must not be used to clean paved or concreted areas, except for health and safety reasons
- Non-compliance with these restrictions may incur a $260.00 infringement notice
Any properties using bore water or rain water are exempt from these restrictions. These properties must have signs stating so in clear view on the property frontage.
Council wishes to remind the community that our water is precious and that it must be used responsibly so as to avoid wastage.
The Water Restrictions Policy (PDF) makes provisions for certain circumstances where an exemption or amendment to water restrictions is sought.
Should you have any queries in respect of this matter, please contact Council’s Manager Planning and Environment, Megan Anderson, on 07 4742 4100.