Level one water restrictions
On Friday 29 January 2016, Cloncurry Shire Council moved to adopt level one water restrictions. These restrictions came into effect immediately.
What do level one water restrictions mean?
Sprinklers are permitted between 5:00am to 9:00am, and 6:00pm to 10:00pm on alternate days.
Even property numbers can water on the following days of the week: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. Odd property numbers can water on the following days of the week; Wednesday, Friday, Sunday.
• No sprinklers or unattended hoses permitted on Mondays.
• Micro spray and drip systems can be used between 5:00am to 9:00am, and 6:00pm to 10:00pm on alternate days
• Fountains and water ornaments can only operate if they recycle water.
• Washing privately owned cars, boats and other vehicles is permitted.
• Water must not be used to clean paved or concreted areas, except for health and safety reasons.
The Water Restrictions Policy makes provisions for certain circumstances where an exemption or amendment to water restrictions is sought. Applicants shall apply to Council for each individual property and must outline the reason. Approved applications will be issued with an Exemption Permit with the approval. Applications may be made for watering new turf, requests to vary watering outside of water restriction hours and for filling newly-constructed pools and spas for the first time.
Any properties using bore water or rain water are exempt from these restrictions. These properties must have signs stating so in clear view on the property frontage.
Should you have any queries in respect of this matter, please contact Director Works and Environmental Services, Peter Fitchat on 4742 4100.