Driveways and Easements

It is the property owner's responsibility to construct and maintain residential driveways and crossovers within the road reserve and within a resident's own property. 

The crossover is the part of the driveway that crosses the footpath from the kerb to the property boundary.

A single residential crossover, new or alteration to existing, require Council approval. Council assess the application against the Institute of Public Works Engineers of Australia (IPWEA) Standard drawings and the Department of Transport and Main Roads Standards. 

These standards aim to minimise stormwater runoff and erosion, ensure access to public utilities and maintain a safe corridor for pedestrians and traffic. 

Building and Easements

Some properties have easements running through them. Easements are section of private property that are set aside to allow Council access to these properties to maintain pipelines, services or drainage systems. 

If you wish to do building work over an easement you will need to obtain written consent from the registered holder of the easement. 

A Title Search will identify the holder of the easement. Please note, fees apply. For more information contact the Queensland Government Titles Registry by phoning 13QGOV.

If the proposed building is over or near infrastructure, you may need to apply to Council for approval, make special provisions for the footings or relocate the structure. 

Fact Sheets and Information

# Name Size Type Download


# Name Size Type Download