Local Business Network
The Cloncurry Local Business Network aims to inform and recommend actions and initiatives for local business development in the Shire. Membership is open to any business employee, owner, manager, investor or operator, or community group member whose business or community group is within the Cloncurry Shire.
2023-2024 Cloncurry Local Business Network Committee
Chair of the Local Business Committee
- Susan Curley
- Toni Schneekloth
- Joelene Gabbert
- Kylee Petersen
- Lorene Chandler
- Susan Curley
- Tanya Brown
- Councillor Nathan Keyes
- Wendy Williams, Cloncurry Shire Council
Cloncurry Local Business Network Initiatives
The Cloncurry Local Business Network in conjunction with the Cloncurry Shire Council are inviting local business to join us for the 2023 Christmas Shop Local Campaign, commencing on 6 November 2023 and concluding at 5:00pm on Thursday, 14 December 2023. The campaign is an initiative of the Local Business Network to highlight the local businesses in Cloncurry and promote shopping locally during the festive season.
Shop Local Campaign Benefits
- To promote local businesses and encourage the wider community to shop locally during the lead up to Christmas
- This initiative helps stimulate the local economy and creates an awareness in the community, thus creating a positive change to seasonal spending habits.
- This campaign assists businesses to promote their services to potential customers and increase their brand awareness.
- Ensuring that a larger share of consumer spending in going towards local businesses,
Local Businesses are asked to come on board for the annual shop local campaign for the Cloncurry Local Business Network.
Requirements of Local Businesses:
- Free for participating business
- We ask that you acknowledge the terms and conditions and fill out the nomination form
- Promote the shop local campaign in store
- Ensure each eligible shopper is given the opportunity to fill out an entry form
- Display the entry box in store
- Use provided entry forms only (DO NOT PHOTOCOPY). Call Council 07 4742 4100 for more forms.
- Return any unused entry forms
A printable form is available here. Please drop or email the completed form back to Council.
Eligible customers are those that spend $50 or more in one transaction. There is one entry per $50 purchase, with a maximum of five entries in one transaction (e.g. a customer who spends $250 or over will receive five entries only).
Prizes include 40 x $50.00, 30 x $100.00, 10 x $500.00 and 5 x $1,000.00 gift cards. These prizes will be Cloncurry gift cards, that can be used in any participating store (the business will need to be a redemption store of the Cloncurry gift card program). All vouchers expire 3 years from the load date.
All participating businesses will be listed on Council’s website and on any promotions.
Please read full terms and conditions here.
The Cloncurry Local Business Network, under the Cloncurry Shire Council, will be undertaking a shop local marketing campaign commencing in July 2022. The campaign is designed to showcase local businesses in Cloncurry and encourage residents to start shopping local.
Shop Local Campaign Benefits
- More money stays in the community
- Local jobs are created and sustained
- The local community and economy are strengthened
- Quality of life is improved
- Customer service is enhanced
How You Can Join:
Local Businesses are asked to come on board for the shop local marketing campaign for the Cloncurry Local Business Network. It is FREE to participate.The LBN only needs a few details about your business/es and help in promoting the campaign. You can be part of the campaign by:
- Promoting the shop local campaign
- Providing the Local Business Network with your business details by filling out this form
- Providing the Local Business Network with any upcoming promotions, giveaways, sales etc
- *It is the responsibility of the business to provide the Local Business Network with up to date information
All businesses will be listed on Council’s website on the Shop the Local Way - Cloncurry page and on any promotions for the campaign. Participating business will also be showcased on the Shop the Local Way - Cloncurry Facebook page.
If you have any questions in regards to the marketing campaign please contact any of the Local Business Network members.