Planning is balancing the built and natural environment with consideration of community needs, cultural significance, and economic sustainability. The work planners do is becoming more important as society places greater emphasis on environmental sustainability, liveable communities, high-quality urban design and managing urban growth effectively in order to build a nation worth inheriting for future generations.
The Cloncurry Shire Council is responsible for undertaking land use planning and development assessment tasks across the Shire. The main planning documents Council uses to guide the development of our community are:
If you are a developer or owner-builder, there are important Commonwealth telecommunications rules you need to comply with. For more information visit www.infrastructure.gov.au/tind.
From Monday 3 July 2017, Queensland will operate under new planning legislation.
The Sustainable Planning Act 2009 will be repealed and replaced with the commencement of the Planning Act 2016.
The Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning has been working on the planning reform agenda for close to two years.
Broadly speaking, the new planning system comprises three main elements: plan-making, development assessment and dispute resolution. The new planning legislation will impact how Council undertakes town planning and development assessment tasks. More information is available on the planning reform website established by the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning.
- Change Representation (PDF)
- Change to Existing approval (PDF)
- Withdrawal of Development Application (PDF)
- Planning and Development Certificate (PDF)
- Pre-Lodgement (PDF)
- Pre-Lodgement Planning Consultation - Home Based Business (PDF)
- Notice of Submission under the Planning Act 2016 (PDF)
- Extension Application under section 86 of the Planning Act 2016 (PDF)
- Application to confirm accepted development status (PDF)
- Backyard Caravans - Information (PDF)
- Backyard Caravans - Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Backyard Caravans - Form (PDF)
- Advertising Signs - Form (PDF)
- Election Advertising Signage - Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Election Advertising Signage - Form (PDF)
- Traffic Control Permit (PDF)
- Undertake Regulated Activities on Local Government Controlled Areas and Roads (PDF)
- Pre-Lodgement Design Advice - Works on Local Government Controlled Roads (PDF)